Thursday, June 11, 2015

Almost Finished with My Knitted Shawl and Ideas for Paying It Forward


Almost there.







This is spread out right now with a number 6 Addie Turbo lace circular 32 in. on a Queen size bed. 




Well, good evening!

This has been one of the busiest weeks. I'm in a forensics examiner class which has been pretty intense this week. However, I have been learning so much I hope will help expand my role as a practitioner and help sexual assault victims. 

On the stitching front, I made much progress and almost near the end to bind off now.

This is the remainder of the third skein and when completed will be 660 yards of a shawl
I cast on in April after shopping at Looped Yarnworks in Washington, DC. I hope to be casting off by the end of the weekend.

This one will definitely be blocked after a good, gentle hand wash and then loved in all it's sweetness on cool Summer evenings in the mountains.

I put a ribbon with some sweet, gold roses at the center of the lower back. The ribbon lace is actually a coral pink, but showing a totally different cast of color with my I pad phone camera here. The shawl is actually more of a coral pink but the camera today is pulling out more of the purple blue tone.

I've read much about prayer shawls and this very well could be one as I have prayed much through the making of it. 

The thought crossed my mind that wouldn't it be very helpful if there were comfort shawls available for sexual assault victims at a rape crisis center?  This is something I'm thinking about for paying it forward in the community. Has anyone heard of this charity kind of work at a rape crisis center in your area or others?

Well, back to reading forensics research studies and preparing papers for tomorrow.

Stay safe, happy and most of all.......healthy, my friends!

Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful shawl ! Will you share the Pattern ?
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Jennifer,
    Hope your Forensic study goes well and your knitting is so perfectly even done. Love the color and the sweet little ribbon & roses detail.
    Sending you hugs and blessings,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer