Saturday, June 13, 2015

A Needlepoint Notions Case--A Wise Choice!


Awhile back, I looked through Etsy for the cutest notion cases to put in my project bags and while I have quite a few WIP's going at the same time and the ability to stock another one, or two, I found this very cute needepoint kit in one of my LYS. 

After gazing at all the colorways, textures, etc of the beautiful yarns, I just mentioned if she had any little cases. She had one displayed, already finished, and it was stinkin' cute!

I love owls, or so I have come to love them lately, and just wanted to show you a little project.

A good friend of mine this year said something to me about life in general as we talked and it has stuck with me alot. 

"Be gentle as a dove, and wise as an owl". 

True wisdom.

I haven't stitched needlepoint in years. I'm talking 40 probably.


She convinced me this would be easy.


I'm pretty much analytical so I have a little trouble deciding on the color thread to use when the corner has two colors or they overlap. However, I'm going to give it a go.


The back of the pouch is a muted light blue, very pretty.


It's a zippered pouch, just what I like to keep my notions in place.


Yup. Last time I completed a needlepoint project was with my best friend in middle school when bell bottom jeans and green shag carpet at home were popular.




Let's hope my eyes will get me through this project. I think it will be fun though.


Methinks it's time for a cup of hot mint tea and a good book before bedtime. I've been really resting up from a long week and getting ready for a new one soon. 

I hope your weekend is going well and it finds you happy and healthy!

Speaking of sweetness, I took this picture of Miss Abigail while I was talking sweet to her and she puts her ears down when I do that and wags her tail really fast.  She is so funny. And smart too.

She sends her love out to all over the world tonight!!!



Jennifer

6 comments:

  1. Dearest Jennifer,
    No doubt you will manage to do this needlepoint notions case with cute owl.
    Miss Abigail is such a darling and one can tell that those eyes do fully understand!
    Enjoy a restful Sunday.
    Hugs and blessings,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really pretty. I have never tried needlepoint. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you will do just fine. It's just big half cross stitches with yarn. I did most of the stockings for the family in needlepoint. It stitches up a lot quicker. Love the owl. Owls are so "in" right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure you will breeze through it, the owl is indeed cutesy. Have fun stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer: Miss Abigail is so sweet looking.
    Love the owl bag, I look forward to seeing it finished.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer