Thursday, February 13, 2014

Progress on a shawl for Valentine's weekend

My camera has really been a good one. The hinge actually broke 2 years ago but I was able to press in on it while I took pics. Now, it's dying completely. I definitely would recommend the Fugifilm camera. It's easy to use and has many features for really inexpensive.

 I did squeeze one picture out of my progress on this shawl/cape. The effect with this yarn looks like Boulce.

Lion's Brand has it's own Boulce yarn but this is not labeled as such. However, the effect is somewhat similar. I'm making a rounded shawl by basically knitting each row, rounding it and adding a KFTB stitch on the first stitch of each row. It's really nice and soft. I have 2 skeins but I can't explain enough how densely packaged and wrapped this yarn is!

The colorway is Claret, a nice cranberry color.

 
The  Valentine cross stitch pillowkeep, I stitched and it's a freebie from Primitive Betty's blog
 
I aged it with coffee grounds.
 
I've had some questions about specific things and please know I will catch up to answer individually soon. Looks like our snow storm is heading out. We got about 5-6 inches here. Yesterday we basically bunkered down here at the homestead taking precautions in case the electricity was lost.
Thankfully, we didn't lose electricity!
 
I'm definitely getting cabin fever now and I'm sure many of you are too. I see the storm is going up through the Northeast now. Stay safe and warm. I think today will be resting as I pulled something in my lower back this morning. I'm hoping this is very temporary because I have so many things to do.
But one things for sure, we won't be traveling anywhere today.
 
I also have some questions regarding recommended colors in DMC for the previous freebie sampler for Valentine's.
I designed this with over-dyed threads.  There are conversion charts to DMC.
 ,
 
I recommend:
 
Gentle Art
 
Victorian Pink 962
Cameo Pink  353
Old Hickory 610
Wood smoke  612
Flax  3045
Chamomile  371
Avocado  470, 469, 471
Apple Cider  869
Buttermilk  3823, 745
 
Weeks Dye Works
 
Sweetheart Rose  3733
 
 
references:
 
and
 
 
I hope this helps!
 
Stay warm and cozy,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer