Sunday, November 24, 2013

As You Like It scarf progress-Doubled

As I have been stitching and pulling various colors at random for this As You Have It scarf, it's actually been quite therapeutic and I wanted to show my progress. The last time I posted a pic I had 7 squares done but now 17 squares. I have about 27 or so to go.

 

 Yes it will be very long but I wanted it as a functional scarf, homey, practical, and will be able to wrap it three times with plenty of length. I can always remember I made this the week of our first anniversary.

 
 
 
This poem came to mind again as it often does when I do needlework in many colors.

Just A Weaver

by Benjamine Malachi Franklin
 

My life is but a weaving,
between my God and me,
I do not choose the colors,
He worketh steadily.

Ofttimes he weaveth sorrow,
and I in foolish pride
Forget He sees the upper,
and I the underside.

Not till the loom is silent,
and the shuttles cease to fly,
Will God unroll the canvas,
and explain the reasons why

The dark threads are as needful
in the skillful weaver's hand
As threads of gold and silver
in the pattern He has planned.

 
 
Miss Abbie this morning says HI!
 
The Queen of Pillows
 
 
You can see my bag in the back where I accumulate all the labels used.
 
Abbie will definitely get here a scarf made as well to match.
 
This is not a perfect piece but has been fun to stitch. And that, my friends, is why we call knitting and cross stitching a hobby!
 
I hope there is plenty of blue sky in your life today!
 
Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. Your scarf is coming along!! I know first hand today, how much a scarf can keep you warm when it is cold!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer