Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sneak peak at Anticipation sampler


Anticipation
 
designed and stitched by Feathers in the Nest
copyright 2013
 
model in progress

in honor of the big anticipation of the Royal Baby and will be for purchase when finished on Etsy or the Feathers in the Nest facebook page..........................................boy or girl?????? well, it will not be long until we find out but certainly this last week has been filled with anticipation if it's a boy or girl baby.

  This pretty little sampler can be stitched in other colors for your own decor, primmed with coffee or walnut stain, or whatever to your liking. I like the colors as is for any nursery or baby gift.

This is a reproduction of an antique design that I've had for quite a while and was found in an antique store.  The colors are similar but not the same.. I added the hearts and the date for the baby's birth month.

 
 
I have always treasured this find! I hope you will like the sampler remake too.
 
 
 
Speaking of sweet, it was our 8th month anniversary yesterday, so by tradition every 20th of the month, I make a dessert. This is a Maple Sour Cream pound cake with hot cream cheese icing and cinnamon on top.
 
It is YUMMY!
 
I best get ready for church now. I hope you have a beautiful day, filled with sweetness.
 
Jennifer
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer ... I don't envy her with the heat we have been having ... and I am waiting too ... your cake looks scrummy as well , take care and happy stitching :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer