Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Twisting the Hands to Crank out Progress


The colors are gorgeous!
This is Downton Abbey: the Family sampler I'm designing and stitching the model.

A little progress made yesterday.



The girls' names started.

The border is going to be very pretty in Deep Sea blue.


 
 
And in the knitting department:
 
 
Working on another dishcloth as I can. This is looser and is not 100% cotton but a blend. The yarn lady said it makes a nice dishcloth too. This was a bit more expensive and I really like the Peaches and cream for 1.99/ skein better.
But this is Italian blend and is really going to be a good cloth.
I'm thinking I will make this one larger.
 
 
It really stiches up easy and faster which is good because I found out my MRI showed a partial to full tear in a tendon in the top of my hand that controls the extensor of my fingers.
I have it wrapped tightly until I can see an Ortho doc.
I think keeping it still or splinting it for 6 weeks will be NOT a good thing for me as this is my right hand.
 
 
All of this from trying to open a really locked spaghetti sauce jar!
 
As long as I'm not lifting anything more than a salad plate I'm no in too much pain.
I have no grip to hold a dinner plate or pot.
 
Weirdly cross stitching doesn't hurt as bad as the knitting, so I limit my time.
 
We'll see what the Ortho says.
 
Till later no twisting the hands,
Jennifer

8 comments:

  1. Your project is coming along! Sending best wishes for the visit with the doc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stitching! I thought of you when I was trying to open an impossible jar the other day. Hope you won't have to keep it immobilized too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch. My hand hurts just reading about yours. Hope you get to see the ortho soon. I enjoy seeing your stitching progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sampler is coming along nicely. Hope your hand doesn't need too radical a treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see the finished sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jennifer. I knew you had probably hurt your hand pretty bad. I was praying that it would be something that would heal quickly and on its own.

    Your Downton Abbey piece is looking very pretty with the colors you're using and the new dish cloth is coming right along for sure.. Keep up the great work, but be careful you don't do anything more to hurt that hand.

    LindaLee from
    CrossN' My Stitches

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice - I do love that show, even if they do keep knocking everyone off! Hope the hand heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer