Sunday, January 20, 2013

Progress on my Kindle Cozy

Almost finished on the Kindle Cozy. I just found the pattern AFTER I had almost finished it on craftgossip.com

http://www.crochet.craftgossip.com/kindle-cozy/2011/07/30/

Here is the tutorial above (for some reason this one won't do automatic click on so you'll have to type it in the search). I cast on the same amount in the pattern but I'm using bigger needle so I have about 1-2 inches space of which my pouch will hold a pair of reading glasses inside with my Kindle.
I didn't even think about lining it with fabric. I have not done that before so this is where I am now and the fabric I picked out of my stash cabinet to line it with.

I am going to try to make a flower from some leftover fabbie of the same as the pattern calls for. The yarn is Bernat Softee chunky in Teal. It's 100% Acrylic so not AS soft as the scarf yarns I had but I hope durable and for the purpose of making my Kindle cozy. :o





I'm near finished with the knitting part. Most of the rest is sewing by hand. 

I charged up my Kindle yesterday and reading a book called, A Man After God's Own Heart by R. T. Kendall.................  OK, that is really strange I'm talking about a Kindle Cover and I just had to look up the author of the book and his last name is Kendall!

Anyhoo, this is a book about David and the application of the life of David to our lives. The psalmist was a bit of a muse for this author all his life he says and he has written a book to study his life in more depth.
He says that we all can identify at some point in our lives to David. I know for sure I can.

When this is finished, I plan to pick up where I left off on the Downton Abbey sampler. And in fact, watching the next episode tonight with Mr. Darcy, I may just do that! Don't forget ~~~~ Downton Abbey tonight!

I hope you have a beautiful cozy and warm Sunday,
Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. thank you for the nice chart. is anything light brown except beak, feet and gent's shirt? :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer