Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!


 
 
Thank you sweetly for all the congrats and well wishes! Mr. Darcy and I truly feel blessed to be sharing our first Thanksgiving day together and we have many, many blessings to be thankful for.
 
At the homestead kitchen today, a honey-baked ham with glaze sauce, collard greens, sweet potato souffle, biscuits and peach cobbler with whipped cream was on the menu!
 
It was Abbie-approved. She loved the ham and biscuit on her little plate.
 
Out tummies are all full and cozy. I hope you and your families all have a blessed Thanksgiving. We couldn't ask for a better one ourselves.
 
So many things to be thankful for today and ALWAYS!!!!
 
I count each of the readers and commenters of this blog all over the world as a blessing, and please know that your emails and positive comments really have touched my heart.
 
We look forward to many things this long, weekend together and stitching up a Christmas ornie (me) and also putting out our Christmas village together tops the list. Exploring out into the mountains as a cold front is coming through this weekend will have us sorting our mittens and scarves by the front door.
 
I count my blessings today and always for:
 
my loving husband
 
our home filled with love and faith
 
Abigail, our little lump of sugar
 
our children
 
my ability to see still with glaucoma
 
all the new sampler patterns that make me giddy
 
good food and fellowship with friends
 
a beautiful, mountain home to nest
 
a fireplace to keep ourselves warm
 
our love for music that has grounded us
 
our faith in God our creator who watches and guides us
 
lots of mochas~!
 
my Kindle loaded with books to read by the fire
 
stitching samplers
 
having jobs, we are both blessed
 
hot water in the kettle ready for a cup of tea!
 
I could count so many, many more but I best go and get busy with the kitchen cleanup....
 
Thank you again for sharing a joyous week with us.
 
Till later,
Jennifer
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Your posts always inspire me - how blessed we are xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have followed your blog for over a year - closer to two. I do love cross stitch and yours are beautiful, but I follow because I think you are a very special lady with an amazing inner strength. I am happy you found your Mr. Darcy and so happy that you two married. GOD BLESS YOU!!!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy reading your posts and look forward to many, many more! So glad you had a wonderful day and so many fun plans for the long weekend!! Stay warm and cozy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only been following you for a little while now but I am blessed to be able to drop by and see what is new with you and how things are going in your beautiful area!
    Thank you for your uplifting posts and your gift to us of free stitchables!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love stopping in to see what's going on in your lovely home. What a wonderful end of a tough year for you. You and Mr. Darcy seem perfect together. I'm so happy for you.
    LindaLee from Cross’N My Stitches


    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post, Jennifer. I hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend with Mr. Darcy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your wonderful new life. I wish you many years of happiness and blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer