Thursday, December 22, 2011

Nesting the gift of Christmas


I'm in the process of developing a big stitching space for more than one here.

 I'm trying to make it cozy and comfortable. Still have paint to do but so excited to stretch out.





A quilt on the sofa





repurposing all I have and making it usable for this space



a cozy spot for larger projects and my frame







I'm definitely not one for plastic storage but I found these beautiful storage boxes at Walmart a few weeks ago. I thought they looked so colonial and complementing the colors I'm using for a warm cozy space in my office area.



This very heavy unit was going to trash when someone moved so I asked to PULLEAZE let me take it!
And it came home with me.  I'm planning on painting this in a primitive color and putting in the group stitchy spot to hold my docking station for music and any other stitchy tools.

Music is a must for me, as it speaks to my heart.



Another space I love to stitch in a large mission rocker.

The pic over the rocker I found the print last week for 6.00 at one of my favorite thrift stores.
I knew immediately that I had the perfect heavy frame for it. The frame was actually given to me in 1985 by my brother and since then has housed several different prints.

Ironically I saw this very same print in Country Sampler magazine.....had to look twice.



and this is another old rocker if a friend would like to join me with perfect lighting.
I rocked my babies kids in this chair.





Surrounded by some of my favorite things.

The pic on the left was drawn by my daughter years ago and I treasure it.
The one on the right is a print of a painting at Colonial Williamsburg. I got the print on my trip last year and just framed last night.



sorry about the glare, very hard not to this morning. What blessings!



primitive tea lights in holders makes this feel truly like HOME



a few favorite ornies scattered around the homestead



My mother sent this as my Christmas gift this year. She said when she saw it, she instantly thought of me.
It was very encouraging to say the least and fit perfectly on the shelf next to my stitching chair.



a touch of Christmas at another stitching spot.



an old silver tree graced with pretty pink and white.



I feel very blessed this year and at peace.





Guests can tell I love stitching when they walk in the door. Makes me smile!

Now, as I get the house in a cozier mood for the Holidays and thereafter, I can finally actually stitch.




The star and angels gave the wise men direction on Christmas.



and what joy I have in a project in process for stitchers to have a retreat to the mountains, where I am grounded and feel at peace. Still have much work to do, but coming along great right now!

2012 is going to be a great year!!



the star will guide the way





Cozy up your nest

and you will feel your best!

Are you ready for Christmas? 

That's what people I see in passing ask me and I think to myself, yes, I'm ready for Christmas because to me Christmas is in our hearts all year.
 The peace, the joy, the promise of unconditional love are gifts that are on my Christmas journey from this year and hereafter.

Well, off to work on a design that I will post later as a freebie. I think you will like it. ;)

28 comments:

  1. Cheers to your wonderful sharing space and the Very Merriest of Christmases to you.
    Be always in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Jennifer,

    You so well phrase it: Christmas is in the heart year round...
    Your nest looks so warm, inviting and cozy. Almost like a framing from Rembrandt. Old fashioned lifestyle with true meaning and your mother saw it right for choosing the perfect gift to express just that. I admire your fabulous spirit, your organizing talent and the joy of looking forward to provide a retreat to many...
    Love to you and feel at peace in your perfect NEST!

    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitching areas make my heart swoon. And your home is beautiful. But, the best, were seeing pictures of your children. They make the mom in me love mine more.

    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely home...and perfect places for stitching!! Thank you for sharing your wonderful home and decorating with us...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful shots of your various stitching spaces...Looks like a heavenly spot in the mountains to me!!

    Take care and find contentment. And yes, always let the spirit of the Christmas season live throughout the entire year in our hearts!!~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer, Your space looks wonderful. I wish I could join you for stitching. The Very Best for the New Year to you. It is called New for a reason...you get to start again.. Happy Holidays to you. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely home you have Jennifer! I wish I could join you in stitching there someday! I hope you will have a very merry Christmas, and a 2012 that is filled with much joy and many blessings.
    hugs,
    lynda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jennifer: Positively beautiful I am sure when your stitching friends come visiting they will feel the warmth in your heart.
    Merry Christmas
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. very sweet home..thank you for sharing it..
    merry christmas.
    love cucki xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jennifer, I pray that the Lord blesses this special place you are going to have in your home to welcome stitchers. It will be a wonderful retreat for many of your friends I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOORAY for you Jennifer! Such a great attitude. Thanks for being so inspiring when no one would blame you for feeling down. Love your mother's gift for you this year. Your home looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HOORAY for you Jennifer! Such a great attitude. Thanks for being so inspiring when no one would blame you for feeling down. Love your mother's gift for you this year. Your home looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you all so much! Merry Christmas to all!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for allowing us to walk through your home through pictures.
    I Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, girlie! You are welcome any time if you are heading this way.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice pics of your stitching areas Jennifer.
    They look cozy and inviting.
    Merry Christas to you and your family, and an extra pat-pat for little Abbie too! :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  17. What lovely photos of your lovely home and children! You are going to be surprised one day when all of your blog followers knock at your door, ready to come in and stitch in your cozy space! Merry Christmas to you and I hope your holidays are wonderful! Frances

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for giving us a tour of your Holiday-filled home! I hope you have a Wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Everything looks wonderful....peaceful, comfy and cozy. Merry Christmas Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everything looks wonderful! Have you ever heard about a paper bag floor? I saw some pictures of a basement floor that had been treated that way. They tore brown paper bags and then shellacked the floor. Might not be the look you are going for, but interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's interesting Michelle! Yes, the floor needs something. Im probably going to paint them/seal. I'm lucky the basement is not in bad shape at all, never had a moisture issue there. XXX my fingers. The walls will be painted too. But in the Spring. I thought about indoor outdoor berber/ inexpensive but probably will paint.
    I did JUST get in stair treads, braided just like the ones on my other stairs from Sturbridge today. They look so GOOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Everything look wonderful and cozy. Thank you for sharing your lovely home. Wishing you a Blessed Christmas this season!

    Lillie

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderfully cozy stitching spot you are making. It looks so light and airy yet warm and inviting. Merry Christmas and Blessings to you in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very nice post. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for sharing your new space with us - it is really cool.

    Merry christmas, Kaye xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  26. Merry Christmas, Jennifer - and best wishes for a wonderful New Year. You deserve it.

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you Tanya! Hope 2012 is better for all of us.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer