Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Margaret and Margaret, Inc. freebie and site

Thank you to all who recognized who the designer of this piece could be. I found their website and wrote the owner of the story and how she had touched my life. YES, it's a Margeret and Margeret, Inc. designed sampler!!!! I fell in love with her samplers. She has over 60 or more. She has been designing for 26 years and still maintains the tradional Colonial/ Shaker type samplers throughout. Window shop her site by clicking below:



here are the links to her gorgeous Colonial/Shaker patterns, which include all kinds of samplers.

I found out she started designing in 1985 and this one in fact was designed that year.
1985 is also the year my firstborn son went to Heaven so even extra meaningful to me.

This morning I went to her site and she has a GREAT freebie.
She also has other samplers including a Jane Austen sampler, Adam and Eve, marriage, birth, samplers etc. Her prices are very reasonable. Very reasonable!


Click above for this site to browse


It will definitely be one for me to celebrate this Holiday. It is in PDF format and just print and get your needles ready for a VERY pretty Christmas ornie. The way the wreath on the door of the house is designed is just too cute! She put this in the Just Cross stitch magazine in 2010.

I hope this finds you cozy and warm in your heart and soul,
Jennifer

6 comments:

  1. Morning Jennifer...how wonderful that you got the information you wanted...and such a history on this creative lady.
    I went to her site...what gorgeous samplers.
    Thanks for sharing her link
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer: Thank=you for sharing he information, in the past I have done a couple of her designs.
    That was before I started blogging, I have no pictures, I can attest to the fact she does have a knack to design, I love colonial designs.
    Blessings to you.
    Catherine
    diamondc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the link. I forgot I have this one in my collection! I admit I have a freebie addiction. :) Hope all is well. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you were able to find the desgner's name.

    I had a look round the site, there's some lovely work there.
    Sadly I couldn't get the freebie to load?
    Would you be able to check it for me? Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Joe,

    just click on the words of the freebie and it opens in PDF format. Takes a couple of minutes to load. Or you can directly on the website and click on the first sampler, Peace on Earth.
    I tried it again it works here. Hope that helps

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right about Margaret & Margaret sampler designs. They are wonderful. Thanks for the link to the freebie too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer