Friday, April 8, 2011

A different view



After much consideration, I'm taking a bit of a break. I do need the next 3 or 4 days left of my vacation week to get some things done around the house and put my thinking cap on a bit. I do appreciate your comments as they mean the world to me that you took a piece of your time to let me know if you like the blog pics or such. To even those who read and decide not to comment but just stay interested for whatever reason, I appreciate your time as well and hope it's added some interest to your day too.

I hope you found the pics of Williamsburg interesting. I know that the majority was not specifically on stitching but I wanted to share. 

I took this pic above at the end of the quilt hall in the Dewitt museum at Williamsburg. Hubbie didn't even know I was taking this with him in it which made it even better so I could reflect a minute. I could stand back and observe the whole picture and it was beautiful. The light effects were awesome from that end and I watched as he played with the wooden "quilt pieces" in the table, waiting patiently for me to catch my breath at the beautiful quilts and how they were preserved with such care over many years.

Sometimes life is a bit like that. We stand at a distance to see where we've been and then look forward to where we need to go, or at least I do that. I'm not saying that is what anyone should do but for me, from time to time, it's a necessary thing. I'm a bit quirky.

For it's really only in the distance that I can see the things that really matter and the things that don't.
I can see who shares our life and who chooses not to.
I can see light and dark, colors and neutrals, young and old, things that trigger and things that don't.
For me, sometimes, I don't get to choose what flashes forward like the light images on the floor in this room in a beautiful pattern and I'm definitely not complaining, it's just something I've accepted.
I wish I could.    Ways to cope start popping in my head.
It's usually when I'm exhausted and just so tired.
I've gotten to that point because I have a problem of putting my heart into whatever I do, and wholeheartedly wear myself out sometimes but through the years I have figured out when it's time for a break.

If I had one picture from this trip to Williamsburg to save, only one, it would be this one.
To you, it's just a museum with a man in it.
To me, it means alot more.
The reflections, the light effects, the old quilts, the colors, and the man that is always there by my side during those kinds of times.

Have a great weekend of relaxation with the ones you love.

Jennifer

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture and beautiful post! Thank you for sharing...it was very insightful.

    Enjoy your time and thank you again for sharing all the beautiful pictures. I always enjoy coming by no matter what you write about. :)

    God bless you - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer that is an awesome photograph!
    Enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a well deserved rest after your trip, nice to know you like Dutch things:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer, thank you so much for sharing your wonderful journey with us. The pics have been amazing, and I've so enjoyed looking at them. Take care of yourself. Blessings from the UK

    ReplyDelete
  5. This IS a great picture, Jennifer! I'm so glad you had such a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post Jennifer! I have enjoyed seeing your pics the last few days. This is one of our favorite museums to see when we are in Williamsburg. I think the picture of BG is amazing, thanks for sharing~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully said. Thanks for sharing so much of your lovely trip - now go take care of yourself, Dear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jennifer, I love your picture!!! The reflections shining on Bodyguard make him look like an illusion. I sat and looking at your picture for several minutes!! Great picture!! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great pic! I love everything that mentioned about it, especially how you captured the fragments of light coming through, it looks both serene and surreal at the same time.
    Have a wonderful respite, we each need that at one time or another to feed our souls and remember just which way is up. ;)
    Hugs and have a great weekend
    Ma TK

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed your Williamsburg pictures! I've never been but would LOVE to go one day. The pic of your DH is fantastic--you should frame it.

    Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just finished looking at all your Williamsburg trip photos. You took some great shots. There is so much to see in the museum. The photo with the quilts, and light reflections and BG is super.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jennifer, Enjoy your break and I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing last few days of vacation. Thank you for sharing all that you do on your blog. I am new to your blog but I can tell you that you have touched something deep in my soul, and made my heart smile. I love this pic that you shared, it is truly beautiful and says so much....take care and blessings from CA. Love, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a perfect picture. I love the light on the floor and the quilts hanging. Enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer