Saturday, October 9, 2010

Simply Saturday

This morning I woke from a 13 hour sleep, uninterrupted without any night mares. It was great! I was so tired when I came home, I just fell over in the bed with the same clothes I had on from work. I woke up at 8am this morning.

Unfortunately because of several life stressers right now that are a little beyond normal, my stitching has slowed. I am functioning in "survival mode". I've been at this particular place before and didn't want to revisit it but seems that I have to and it's going to take some time, this time, to cope.

The ear infection is almost back to normal now with a week of antibiotics.Fever went down a degree every day and now I don't have the fever. The "rest" part I was not able to adhere to this week, but I hope it doesn't come back. I think Ragweed is peaking right now and my allergies are connected to all of this fluid in the ear thing.  I still feel a bit drained.

I'm kinda gettin'-the-hang of my new IPHONE and love it! I just have to remember to dock it to charge every day because I use the music part of it so much that it's zapping the energy out of it. My Kindle is charged but haven't had the time to play with it yet. This is on my list of things to do. I hope to find a book that I can use the Read-To-Me feature so I can get some stitching done. And cheap or free books at that as my job is getting cut down through Christmas.

I've taken all kinds of routes to work this week, and total, driven 8 or 9 hours of commute, so I'm pretty much pooped out by the end of the week. The smaller trees on the scenic route seem to be changing colors already and I bet very soon we will see the most beautiful colors surrounding here in North Georgia.

Fall is my favorite time of year and it used to be that I took off a week in October to come up to the mountains before I moved here. Now, even though we live here, I don't enjoy it as much as when I vacationed here before because of so many distractions that are necessary to survive this world and people seem to be either too busy or don't want to spend the time enjoying it with me.

So, here we are~~~~ another weekend.

Hope you get to enjoy it as you should~ you all deserve it!

Till later,
Jennifer

5 comments:

  1. I hope the sleep helps! Ear infections are wicked things. And as for work - it has to slow down!

    Keep your chin up!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennifer....
    I was just perusing through Country Stitches Online's website and saw a chart called Feather Your Nest. I immediately thought of you. I hope you are on the mend, physically and emotionally. Seems you've been dragged through the mud lately and I want you to know that I think of you often.
    Take care of yourself....play a pretty song on your piano for me. I wish I had your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you have had such a rough week! Uninterrupted sleep can be so good for you. Hope you are back on track soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a wonderful sleep, - I'm glad to hear your ear infection is almost gone. And I hope the pain of life eases soon.

    Take some slow deep breaths and listen to some music that comforts you. Get some stitching things out and play with them. It doesn't matter if you don't stitch, just enjoy the colours and textures.

    And here's big hug (((Jennifer)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sleep is often the best medicine. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer