Saturday, October 2, 2010

Copyright and needlework


(Designer for the above is Little House Needleworks, Always and Forever sampler one of my finishes
2010)


I came across this blog that actually addresses copyright issues in the needlework industry. As a newbie, designing is something that takes time, patience, thought and I would like to do what I can to make sure that copyright law is kept. 

Read about it here

Interesting reading and one of my greatest fears in designing would be to not realize a certain design is out in the world already created. I would definitely want to know if this happens because I abide by copyright law and wouldn't want that happening to myself either.

Even if you are not a designer, you may want to check out this blogspot. Good information.

1 comment:

  1. el copy se aplica a toda persona que crea algo, sea un stitch, poem ecc, ecc, tu debes firmar tus creaciones, y poner un divieto di vendita o publicaciĆ²n si tus patters are free. but if you creations is for sale, nobady can tu scan, copy to others persons.
    saluti da Italia

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer