Saturday, August 28, 2010

Watching a sunset from a different view

The day was a day full of missions. Do you have those sort of days, when you have to pack several large missions in a 24 hour period?

  I know we all do day every day, I just stretched this over many miles today.
Packed an overnight bag just in case I was too tired to drive but I just kept driving, and driving because I'm such a homebody that I had to get back home even if it was midnight.

The best part of my day was to put new flowers at the cemetary and this time, I happened to be there at sunset, which was so peaceful. I was surprised the weather was 75 and hardly any humidity. The grass was deeply green and lush and I just threw off my shoes and watched it.





I watched the clouds change shape and imagined what they could look like.


I love sunflowers so when I saw these, I had to put them into the mix.


Until October when I get back to put Fall ones out.


I started with these wildflowers from Hobby Lobby....my next to favorite store.
Then added the others. I know this is a wild mix but it all worked out.


Some folks may think this is morbid, but for me it's something I look forward to every 3 months at least. This spot is 4 hours from our house. I wish it was much closer and maybe one day it will be with a miracle.

Today I was by myself, so I just took a rest for a while and watched the sunset in the most orange of colors I wish my camera could fully capture.

Then onward again to my journey back home.
For I know his spirit is always with me and this is just his resting place many miles away and as long as I'm alive and able, I will always be the one to take care of this spot on the Earth.

6 comments:

  1. It looks so peaceful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful post. Sunset is such a special time and can really be a meaningful time of day to visit a grave. The flowers are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet post - Love the pics of the sunset and flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think that there is anything morbid about going to a cemetary. I find it to be a very calming place to think of your loved one and to contemplate your own life. You were so lucky to have the wonderful sunset while you were there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for such a beautiful start to my Saturday. The pictures, the music, I was at peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely post, awesome photos and flowers for your son's grave and what pretty feet for such a busy lady...glad I did my pedi last night or I would feel so awful..;p

    Have a wonderful relaxing Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer