Wednesday, July 21, 2010

New Start sampler--a Jane Austen piece by The Sampler Girl


Not many stitches in and I spent about an hour trying to figure out what happened to my Really Teally by CC without success. I just know I ordered it with the other colors but somewhere in between one place to another, it disappeared. So, I went with the DMC equivalent for that one. Luckily, I had it in stash.
I love that color. All other colors are CC cotton floss. This is a Jane Austen sampler by The Sampler Girl.
So far I snapped this out of the frame and stitched by hand so the tension is not the greatest but seems stitching is going faster that way. I imagined the teal motif, a snow flake, which is very soothing in this weather.



I have not cut the 18 x 26 in piece of the 30 ct Weeks Linen, Linen color in hopes that I can stretch 2 samplers with this piece. There is a companion piece to this one by The Sampler Girl and I hope there's room to stitch both on this large piece. Pretty sure there will be. Both are narrow and long.

Summer is flying by. The busiest time of year for work as many folks are out of school or off for vacation leave or many reasons, so stitching is slower right now. Fortunately, I have a job to work still during this economy, it's a blessing. The economic pressures are having ripple effects into the healthcare system which puts further strain on the job front. Pressure from all sides.

Hope your week is going well. 
Stay safe and cool,
Jennifer

4 comments:

  1. I love this sampler. The Sampler Girl is fast becoming one of my favorite designers. I worked on Tea with Jane Austen last night and will be posting a picture of my progress soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer,

    Thanks to school shoe shopping, I found myself in the neighborhood of my LNSs. So, I picked up the threads for this piece today, mind if I stitch along?

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes, Stephanie, please do. You probably will get further faster than me right now as work as taken alot of my Summer right now....but I would love to stitch this with you!!! COOL!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer