Thursday, July 15, 2010

Gooooood Morning, Sizzling Thursday--Part 2 Dahlonega, Georgia

Dahlonega is such a quaint town as I wrote before and here are some more pictures of the old General Store.  Next time I'm over there, I'll get picks of my favorite quilt store too. It's an old victorian 3 story house, in pink!

One good thing about the blogworld is being able to "travel" at times as folks share part of the world that crosses their journeys or graces their hometowns. I love it! I know I won't be able to travel it all but through pictures, I can see parts of it.

The old General store is in the middle of town on the square.


The square is FULL of neat shops and restaurants.

At the General Store here are the rest of the pics inside:




It's like Cracker Barrel, on steroids.






This is a book on walking the Appalachian Trail.
Reminds me of when Brandon tried this at age 19. He did get a few miles in before he called us to pick him up, requesting a drive through at McDonald's for a cheeseburger.....LOL


Old dolls










This morning my joints feel like this tin man before arthritis meds!


Those cute little flower pots and books on planting in Georgia.



I can vouche for this sign as my previous car was a Mustang and yep, it'll cruise.


Don't you like this?  Even if you don't drink, it's quite humorous... or to me it was.


Pans for gold-digging around the area.


In the far right corner is the best fudge shop in the world....
It's been there as long as I can remember.



The flowers all around are beautiful. I wish I had luck with flowers like this!!!


Well, last night was the first night in 1 week that I slept completely through the night.
I'm off today so cleaning house and post office errands and who knows what else is in store after a couple of cups of hot tea.
And this morning, I'm drinking the caffeinated versions!
It's already steamy hot here and only 9:30am!
But this is the Southland.
Till later,
Jennifer

6 comments:

  1. Love this small town!! I can imagine I would drop a small fortune in a small place like that! Those tea sets were lovely.

    Thanks for the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great store and such a cute little town. I remember what it was like living in the south--hot and humid.

    Thanks for sharing.

    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bathroom sign.

    LOVE LOVE the tea sets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!! Some of those signs are hilarious! Like the Gun Control one!! And the bathroom one, and BEST OF ALL--the Bar Excuses one!! Too too funny! I am having a giveaway on my blog--come visit me!
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer: this is so cool to show us your town, I really like the tin man and the gun control sign.
    Where in the world did you find the button wrap that is on the clear cup at the top of your page I really fell in love with that look.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey DiamondC!
    That is actually a foot of a trim I bought the past Spring at a quilt shop. It was so unusual, and heavy but I didnt' know what to do with it but wrap it around something.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer