Saturday, May 15, 2010

When Life gives you a ragged blanket make scissorkeeps



yep, in the middle of cleaning and clearing and donating to charity, I had this blanket that had come apart in many, many places and really I couldn't fix it. The batting was sticking out. So, instead I cut it up and found the pieces I wanted to make out of pillows. This one I used a scrap of  Raspberry Jobelan on the exterior to make a pocket with old mother of pearl buttons and pin to house my scissors in my stitching chair upstairs.
This is one sure way of not losing a pair of scissors...I think.




The pink backing fabric I chose.



A little side tracked from organizing today.  It's storming here and we have lost electricity once so we are crossing our fingers it doesn't happen again  XX


Edited:  In looking back over the day, I think I was just trying to patch a broken heart.

2 comments:

  1. Another one for the "Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, or do without" file. Very sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an absolutely beautiful scissor keep pillow Jennifer. What a fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer