Sunday, April 18, 2010

Framed and ready to hang on our downstairs sampler wall~~~~



This Too Shall Pass

Designer~~ My Big Toe Designs

Fibers~~ Weeks Dye Works
Williamsburg Red and Williamsburg Blue

30 ct Parchment linen

Framed by me and thee from The Frame Guys shop


Today I got little done at all but sleep, read, sleep, and read.

Eat chicken soup and take medicine and sleep and read.

I finally got up and framed this design above to say I at least finished accomplished one thing today. I didn't use glass on this piece. I'm very pleased with the color of the frame and how it complemented this piece. At first I was going to order a darker walnut frame but then I saw this Williamsburg blue and I'm glad I got it instead. I will hang it on the downstairs sampler wall as the blue blends in great there.

I haven't even unpacked yet. I got this one out and then I thought I rolled my other finish so deep wrinkles would not set in but........8 lbs extra on the airport scales and it got smushed so before I attempt to make a pillow keep I'm going to let it ........lay flat tonight as the material, Lambswool linen is very course and stiff.

Today I decided to put a tiny butterfly button on the LHN Always and Forever stain (and it will be there always and forever too  LOL)  as it is near the leaves of the tree on the left and will blend in. I looked at V. Clayton's Hand dyed Fibers website and she has some pretty little butterfly MOP buttons for a great price!  I think this is the answer to cover the stain on this one.
I'll post pics of other things throughout the week as I unpack and  "get it togethah"  ;)

I hope you have a great start to the week tomorrow!

In reading today I found this poem written by Jane Austen. I thought this part of it was interesting and couldn't say it better for today....poemhunter.com was quite a website of reading pleasure.

When Stretch'd on One's Bed

When stretch'd on one's bed
With a fierce, throbbing head;
Which precludes a like thought or repose,
How little one cares
for the grandest affairs
That may busy the world as it goes........

1st verse, Jane Austen poem

Then there are some of her quotes which amused me today. For example:

  • There are secrets in all families.......(from Emma)
  • If things are going untowardly one month, they are sure to mend the next.....( from Emma)
  • Selfishness must always be forgiven, you know, for there is no hope for a cure.....(from Mansfield Park)
  • Where an opinion is general, it is usually correct ( from Mansfield Park)
  • An artist cannot do anything slovenly (from Jane's letter to Cassandra)
  • My idea of good company....is the company of clever, well-informed people, who have a great deal of conversation; that is what I call good company (from Persuasian)
Well, on to another week........with good company!

8 comments:

  1. The frame is perfect~~ Glad you are home and cant wait to hear more about your mysterious announcement~~~ Faye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sampler looks perfect in that frame! Glad you got home safely from your trip. I have been through Logan but never saw that quilt...it's gorgeous! I'll have to look for it next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finish! Congratulations on the finish!

    Glad you had a great time on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful finish! I love the frame.
    I do hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great framing job! :)

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your framed piece turned out beautifully! Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another stunner, love your frame choice!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer