Monday, March 22, 2010

My next WIP to pick up this week




Tonight I went through my WIP's and this one popped up and I don't exactly remember how I got distracted from it as usually I finish what I work on but anyway, I think this week I will just work on this one. It's travel-friendly and a positive thought.

It's got 2 colors, Williamsburg blue and Williamsburg Red but has a huge meaning to me right now.
This has been a trying weekend. You know how they always say funerals bring out the worst in people.
I think I will change that to wars bring out the worse in people.
I don't know if it's the stress of it, the unsuredness of it, or what but it's really pulled out more issues on top of issues that make me go "HUH?" "Oh, please let's don't add this to the fire" but man oh man, they say God will give us only what we are able to handle and I'm holding on to that thought.

I have a real issue with feeling responsible for any or everything that goes wrong. One of my weaknesses I confess. I just had to step back today and realize I couldn't cause all of this myself. There are way too many factors right now that are interplaying in this and hopefully as this design says "This too shall pass".

A couple of weeks ago if you had asked me about how God interacts in our life, I had almost give up. Didn't know he listened to me still. I was even mad at Him. And I sure did the worst in the world by being mad at Him for taking a friend away.

I want you to know that in the past week my eyes have been opened, and there have been specific situations that only God could have made happen. And it has outstretched through my entire family. Most of it for good. Some of it I still don't understand.
All of it will one day be passed. I realized that sometimes I don't want to hear what I need to hear and see things in a different perspective and some things happen to make us stronger.

This past week has made my faith grow stronger even though times are rougher. I'm not a self-rightous person but I want you to know that I realized He didn't forget me. Situations this week proved that. I can't give details unfortunately on this blog but they were just too coincidental. So thank you for your prayers. They are working.

I think alot of people can relate that there are just some things that are not in our control. And just like the Serenity Prayer we have the responsibility to know the difference. This is easier said than done but I'm certainly working on it.

Each day I will continue to blog but there may be a day or two, or even three when I won't be able to because I will be going on a 6 hour trip to see Brandon get off that bus. I promise to write all about it when that day gets here.
Because I'm proud of him and he don't understand that yet even though I've told him over and over and written over and over without a response.
He will in time I believe. I have to believe that because I can never give up hope.

I'm totally exhausted and still up late. I can't hardly make myself fall asleep because even when I do sleep I have some strange dreams. I guess that's normal under the circumstances but I will be glad when this passes for sure. Last night was a blessing because I did sleep soundly and I"m hoping that it will happen again tonight.

Tomorrow I have got to start a new day. A day where I feel like dressing. Hey, we are expecting snow here in North Ga. tomorrow night!  Gotta run to get that bread and milk!  LOL

And get prepared for a major unknown this week.
This week in my suitcase I will carry those Footsteps with me for encouragement. That is a sure thing.

We jump every time the phone rings. BG and I both are exhausted and this extra major issues are complicating things but I think they must be dealt with.

I hope you all have a great week and I hope to keep writing and stitching and sharing this journey. Right now this journey is requiring a sit down and a bottle of water to rest and wait.
Waiting is the hardest part.

Good night,
Jennifer

14 comments:

  1. I hadn't seen this design before, Jenifer. It's lovely, and looks to be very soothing to work on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wery,wery good!!!Beautiful!!))

    ReplyDelete
  3. This too shall pass,,,how true is that, and what a beautiful piece. My thoughts are with you while you wait for that bus. I can only imagine the feelings when you see your son step down on US soil.
    Be always in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful and meaning WIP for you to work on. I love the colors. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs and Prayers, Peaches ❤

    Keep us all posted, as time and energy allows ;)

    Hugs
    Ma

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say that a lot - good pattern!!!

    Thinking of you,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad that you were able to see that even when we do not think God is listening.... that he is always there listening to us...

    I know I often feel that way and am very relieved when I am able to finally see that he has been there with me the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great piece!

    Thoughts and prayers are with you!

    Please let us know how Abbie makes out too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.....take care
    Beautiful piece you are working on!!

    Marion
    Nova Scotia
    Canada

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that when you are reunited with him, all melts away except a mother's love.

    That project is one that all should stitch and put where it can be seen over and over. Right now this world depresses me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness I love that design. And how perfect it is in so many ways for so many people. We all have dark days and are tested in many ways. Just have faith. I hope and pray that the days until you see your son go quickly.

    You mentioned a funeral. My condolences on your loss.

    Keep on stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great new start.

    It's true there are many things out of our control and we just have to keep on going. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the design and I'm sure it will be soothing for you to stitch now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This too shall definitely pass. And with strength and faith in the Lord, it will surely make you stronger. God helps you carry the load. You just have to remember to ask.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer