Thursday, December 31, 2009

Good morning, New Year's Eve.

Lighting my fave candle of the holidays from Bath and Body Works, Frosted Cranberry. I promise you it's a great fragrance for cabin fever. It calms the mind. It calms the spirit and believe me, working with my computer right now with an ailing cord, I need calming. Good thing we found the warranty. Oh, but the withdrawals from it........


I stayed up too late. I only slept 5 hours and now it's showing. Where's the coffee?


Peaking out the window to see that the snow is turning to slushy snow and we are praying it dissipates before tonight because we have New Year's Eve reservations at a restaurant and if this refreezes, the ride will be treacherous. I know you all from the North parts of the US are laughing. Yes, only 1 inch of snow will shut the whole area down! ;)


Raven and Ruby had fun crunching in the show on the side porch last night.
Labs love cold weather! Labs love wet weather! And just put the two together and they are grinning in glee.

Hurry, hurry if you want to sled because it's melting. I put this out every winter. A friend at work gave me this years ago when Brandon and Meghan were still in the nest. I loved it! It reminds me of them when they were about this age. In South Ga. we had very few snows but in some ways it reminds me of them, close in age.


Ok, I think my oatmeal is ready. The butter is melting and it's Strawberry Cream oatmeal time with some news and coffee, my basic daily staples.

Well, I just have to put the little heel on the Blackbird Design stocking and then pick a backing fabric. Their finishing instructions use fusing material and I think I'm going to leave them open in case I want to tuck a sprig of lavender or such in them. We'll see how my creative spirit takes me today.
Stay safe and warm.
Jennifer

3 comments:

  1. Dear Jennifer! I wish you and your BG a very happy New Year and all the best for 2010. Keep on blogging and stitching! Hugs Billie from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a Happy New Year!

    Stay warm and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you guys a Happy & Healthy New Year.
    Love
    Patti xxx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer