Sunday, November 8, 2009

Trying to Get the Christmas Spirit


I'm loving these chenille candy canes I got in the mail this week from The Sampler Girl. I put one in each of my glasses but of course these two are our wedding glasses. It adds a great touch.

Yesterday, went by The Dogwood Patch to get some Raspberry Jobelan to make a Christmas ornie. I got these buttons but not sure yet if I will put them with the ribbon or not.


Don't let this crate fool ya! This puppy slept with me last night and I only got up with her once. But as long as she sees me in this crate and the door is open then she is fine. Otherwise she will sing you a song that you have never heard before.

She moved alot last night, slept mostly across my throat. When it was time for her to potty, she backed up back and forth and pawed my face to wake up. I'm like, "ok, ok, I get it Abbie!!!" LOL



Here is part of the spread of backing material on my dining room table.....(didn't I make a sewing area downstairs ?" LOL



I've got to get busy finishing these because it is well into November now. I can't believe it.






Time for more coffee now..........

9 comments:

  1. Your new little furry friend is precious - sooooo cute!!

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Tanya! She sure is a cutie pie!
    She looks big but she just has sooooo much hair. She's a puffball.

    Hubbie is sitting with her now, so I can stitch.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pooch is so cute....and I with you on the finishes....YIKKEESSS why is it always like this??????? Have a great week!~ Faye

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I agree that the candy canes add a nice touch, but it's so early for Xmas! Yikes. I was in the mall Friday and they were blaring Christmas music. It made me want to run out of there tearing at my hair. I love Christmas, but.....

    I am so in love with your new dog. Such a precious thing. I don't blame you for sleeping with her last night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, that little gal is so darn cute. I remember when Sophie was about that small - she's a gigantic 11 pounds now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a doll! Every time I see a cute, pink doggie dress I think of her.

    How are the piddle pads working?

    I got a chihuahua cross stitch pattern today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's so cute, can I babysit her? :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are piddle pads, the potty papers that are disposible? Or are those the ones that are liners and are washable? We have something that looks like a cat liter box but for dogs. We line the pan with papers and she has caught on to it 75% of the time.

    Yes, you can babysit!! We need one right now.
    She wants me to hold her 100% of the time right now which is fun but I've got to sleep tonight, have to work tomorrow.
    Good thing is that I only have to work 3 days this week.

    Oh, Deb, only 46 more days till Christmas (I think or something like that)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those in the picture are what I call piddle pads. Cotton batting with plastic backing. Disposable.

    I was gone all day and my 3 little ones didn't have to be let out to potty. It's great!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer