Thursday, July 2, 2009

Here's what's in my stitching chair tonight



Trip today went great! Here's what I stitched on the way to and during the Atlanta traffic while Body Guard was driving! The needle did bob up and down a few times as we entered some rough interstate but I was determined. I love the Raspberry linen! Fabric and pattern from The Sampler Girl, Companion Booklet 4. Two complimentary pink pinkeeps which are very pretty.
MRI went good. Didn't panic in the tube and the report from the doctor was good, no progression of the disk prolapse, so good news.
Then, we used the On-Star program in the car to find the nearest IHOP for a good breakfast/lunch. After that we asked the On-Star program ......"nearest Joanne's Fabrics". I had not been to a Joanne's Fabrics in years, actually since we moved here several years ago. It was 13 more miles which I thought, no that's ok, but BG said no problem and zip we went and found it.
Hey, Deb, I saw those Ginghers scissors "Criss", and they didn't have any of the larger scissors so I"m glad you picked up those for me. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I knew I was in a candy store and looked for 2 hours. BG found a tool place while I was busy looking through all the buttons, threads, fabrics. Found a fat quarter that would go well on the back of the Pink Pinkeeps and some ribbon.
We got caught in 5 O'clock traffic so I stitched some more as we listened to CNN news on the satelite radio. Then we went by the mall, had a smoothie and looked around at Barnes and Noble, got Brandon a few books to send and then, Home Sweet Home again.
So tomorrow we are going to take all the animals to the vet for their shots. Oh joy! LOL
Then, probably do some cleaning, which never ends.....LOL
But in the mean time, I will be trying to finish the Pink Pinkeeps. I saw Vonna's comment and I did check out her blog. It's great on finishing! I will definitely be visiting again at her blog as I learn to finish some things. I really mostly framed most of my stitching, occasionally made pillows but this will be my first "pinkeep".
Hope everyone is having a good week!
Talk later,
Jennifer

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day and good news on the MRI. The scissors will be going out to you on Monday. So glad that I could help you with those!!! Enjoy your 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again. I found the drawer units at Walmart for $10 each. I'm loving this system so far - so much better than those floss bags. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer