Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th....to July and to the Labs

Happy 4th to all. We plan to drive into Helen tonight for the fireworks. Last night was pleasantly cooler, at 67 degrees, so the back porch was inviting. Hope the weather stays the same tonight for the fireworks.


Well, this morning I decided to exchange some things I sold on Ebay for this pattern and frame which I have had on my wish list for about a year now. Little House Needleworks Heart of America. This pattern has the floss and buttons included with it. I'm so excited to get this in the mail soon.
I saw this stitched in a shop near Washington, when I went on my trip in March and it's really beautiful, kinda on the large side though. R & R reproduction linen Creek Bed Brown is the fabric. Yesterday was Raven and Ruby's Birthday. They turned 4 years old.---so another 4th celebration. They provide alot of entertainment for us. Ruby now sleeps half-way hanging out of the doghouse, on her back with legs straight up in the air. The first time we saw that, it was pretty strange. We haven't been able to sneek a picture of her through the porch screen yet.
BG had to take them one at the time to the vet for shots. Ruby has a death grip on the ground and then he has to pick up all of her 90 lbs to load her in the truck. Monday he has to wrestle with the cat. That will be a challenge!
Back to my coffee and catching up on blog reading..........

2 comments:

  1. The LHN is an easy stitch, stitches up quick and easy (or at least the ones I did for my patriotic basket smalls did) I'm going to stitch this up too SOMEDAY! for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Vonna! I love your tutorial site and finishing up some pinkeeps soon so I"ll be needing that instruction!
    Yes, I love LHN designs. This summer having fun with the sampler girl booklets 3 and 4.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer