Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Pretty Kitty

Today after work, I went by Bessie Maes, which is a very cute little place with alot of unique cottegy stuff. There is a lady, Carolyn, that makes signs and handmade dolls. I couldn't resist getting this little kitty for my bedroom. The flowers were handpainted. The eyes are mother-of-pearl buttons. Reminds me of my kitty, Thomas. He even has a curly tail.


Speaking of Thomas, he was napping seriously at 4p when I got home. He didn't seem to mind I had another kitty! This is one of the porch chairs he usually melts into in the afternoons.
Oh yeah, I'm back with the camera again..........Sunlight strikes his fancy usually.


Speaking of mother-of pearl buttons.........I gathered my threads for this Little House Needleworks, Be True today and started at lunch. Oh, and here are my glasses from Walmart, a little stronger ones........ The DMC color 502 of the dress looks different in the picture than when I pulled out of my floss bag. It's really a lighter green vs. a teal green as in the picture but I didn't substitute and went with this color which blends well with one of our bedrooms. The camera really makes it look darker than it really is. I'm also wondering if I'm ever going to get this deep crease out of the linen............I did change the color of the border to a Weeks Dye instead. I know the model is framed in an antique white frame, actually Crescent Colors frame but for the spot I will place it, I need some contrast, so a darker frame (if framed) is what I will use.




I can't decide yet if I want to make a pinkeep with this or frame in this mahogany frame. I picked up these really old mother-of-pearl buttons several months back at a seconds store.


Please excuse the different ways I have stored my floss. I actually use floss baggies on all of them but just took out the ones for the project. As you can see, I have used stitch-bows and thread cards. I really like just using the floss bags for storage. That way I can save every last inch of thread. I'm kinda weird like that! LOL

Oh, I smell steaks cooking in the kitchen. The Bodyguard insists on cooking dinner tonight and he is busy, busy cooking steaks....YUM!

4 comments:

  1. Jennifer,
    I will be thinking about your son. I cannot even imagine. I went to college with Kevin. I have not seen him in 15 years, but I cannot stop crying. I keep seeing his face. I cannot imagine what you went through before you heard the the names. It must be like hearing a tornado has skipped your town, but destroyed another near by. I am so thankful for your son and all the others fighting for freedom. I do appreciate the courage and sacrifice of your entire family. And I wish we had a pres. who could appreciate it too... I pray your son comes home safely.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you want the Windy Hill? Give me your address, and I will mail it to you.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the prayers. I go from trying not to watch the news to watching it every hour. Anyway, I would love to get the Windy Hill one. I will email you and will be glad to pay you or exchange something or whatever. I will try to email you in a sec. Thanks again.....
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, Michelle, I just realized that I don't know how to do that without posting on my blog my home address or email which I can't do really. So......I'm at a loss right now for what to do in that situation. But I really, really appreciate the offer though.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer