Saturday, March 21, 2009

Shingles

Lovely, I have shingles now in my right hand.........I think I"m a little more run down than I thought. It's only contagious to those who have not had chickenpox as it is the virus that causes chickenpox. Looks like it is affecting the nerve in the middle of the palm of my hand to my wrist. This is really the last thing I needed before tonights party for Brandon and Ashley, but I will get through it. This explains why Friday I couldn't put my ring on for the swelling of my right hand.
On a better note, I am having trouble figuring out what I will wear tonight. I planned to wear something more Springy but the weather is still cool, although welcome for hot flashes. I guess part of menopause is saving on the heating bill! LOL My own personal summer.....hmmmm.

I did the happy dance when the mailman came today and I got a pattern "Dance By the Light of the Moon" by Primitive Traditions. This design is really neat with 2 black labs and other country animals dancing by a big moon in the country. Couldn't resist this one..........although calling for 40 count, my eyes will be challenged. Thank goodness for magnifying mirrors.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Hope you don't have a bad case of shingles. My Mom had a spell of it a few years ago and it was annoying more than anything. Take good care,

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I"m going to be ok. I started antivirals and like you said "annoying" more than anything. I've been under a lot of stress lately, more than usual and most likely contributed to it. DH had them above his eye about 10 years ago and really had an awful time....guess because of the location. I think I will still be able to stitch though and hopefully will finish one up today.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer