Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Nice Quiet Weekend











The past two days have been really quiet and I got caught up on alot of rest. Last night was kind of scarey as I found out that I must be allergic to Brazil nuts. My throat started swelling and we were kinda scared there for a while as it was difficult to swallow. But 3 Benadryl later, and I was ok but had the EpiPen out in case. I guess I haven't eaten Brazil nuts since I was about 10 years old and usually just eat cashews or pecans or almonds by themselves but no more mixed nuts that's for sure.




Today I started working on a house~~~~~ nope, no remodeling, but a new project, designer is Homespun Elegance. The colors are Belle Soi "Red Fox" and "Expresso". Being silk, they feel like butter going through the fabric. As you can see, I have a meek start but actually it took me most of the afternoon to get to this point. I think this one is neat "Home is Where You Hang Your Needlework".






I also had fun enjoying my Christmas goodies. Here are some really pretty pink pearls from Meghan and a lovely wine decanter and glasses!! We were just talking tonight about what we may do on New Year's Eve and I think we are going to invite a couple of neighbors down the street and I can use my decanter!!!! And of course, I will also have some great snacks too from Brandon!
The next few days we can all think about our New Years resolutions. What are your resolutions this year?







2 comments:

  1. Good to know you had an Epi pen just in case.

    Glad you're enjoying working on the XS piece. I need one that says "Store is where you hang your needlework". LOL

    Nice Stuff! Shouldn't all pearls be pink? ;)

    I have 2 resolutions. One is to get the monthly mailings out the 1st few days of the month. Oops! Would you believe I've already forgotten the other one? Guess I just have the one then. What's yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. One resolution is to absolutely take my lunch to work everyday instead of buy out. I had been doing pretty good with that one the past couple of months so I had a head start on this one.
    Two, get more organized at home and stay that way. I hope to get my basement straightened out.
    Three, attend church regularly and be more involved. I've gotten slack lately.
    Four, start a regular exercise program. We were doing well with walking 2 miles a day but since it's gotten colder we have slacked. I hope to find something I can do everyday to stay healthier.
    And Five, restart taking my vitamins every day.
    yes, PINK is my favorite color!
    Six, learn to knit.

    Hey, I just read The Sampler girls blog and she went to her LNS in her PJS for a sale.......you should try that one Terrie! Can you imagine all of us in our PJS?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer